With Halloween’s impending approach and bags of candy lining the shelves of your grocery store, people everywhere are busy searching for the perfect costume, planning the best party and routing their trick or treating trail. In between the chaos of candy wrappers and scary ghosts and ghouls, many people forget to plan a yummy surprise for their friends and family. Don’t let the scariest thing on Halloween be trying to figure out what to make! Try this simple quick, no-bake recipe.
446 calories per serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups confectioners powdered sugar
- 10 Oreos, crushed
- Small tube of black decorating icing
- 3-4 Milano cookies
- Candy corn
- Candy pumpkins
Things to Note:
This dip can be made 3-4 days prior to use. Store covered in the refrigerator, hold off on adding the Milano cookies and candy elements until you are ready to serve.
- Place the cream cheese and butter into a medium-sized mixing bowl, using your electric mixer until texture is smooth. Add the cocoa powder and continue mixing until it is incorporated.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt and milk to the bowl. Continue using your electric mixer and stirring the items until the ingredients all blend together. After, begin sifting the powdered sugar a ½ cup at a time, being sure to mix after each ½ cup is added. Once all the sugar has been used, turn your mixer on HIGH until the ingredients form a light and creamy consistency.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a small serving dish and smooth out the top.
- Place the Oreos into a heavy-duty plastic bag. Using your hand or rolling pin, crush the cookies until they’re in small pieces.
- Spread the crushed Oreos over the top of the dip evenly to form the “dirt” of the spooky graveyard.
- Using your small tube of decorating icing, write “RIP” on the Milano cookies and insert them into the dip as “tombstones.”
- Next, scatter candy corn and/or candy pumpkins around. You can even add some googly eyes as well if you have them!
- Last, serve your dip with graham crackers, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, or apple slices.
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!